Technical Lead Data Centre Support Database Administration - Gurgaon - Colt Technology Services
- Technical Lead Data Centre Support Database Administration
- Colt Technology Services
- Gurgaon HR
- 20 Mar, 2017 30+ days ago
Colt Technology Services as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Technical Lead Data Centre Support Database Administration jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Colt Technology Services company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.
Job Title: Sr. Technical Lead, Data Centre Support (Database Administration)
Location: Gurgaon / Bangalore
The Role and Accountabilities:
- Expertise on managing Oracle databases hosted for Siebel CRM system with good understanding Siebel schema, Siebel best practices for databases.
- Administrator Oracle and Sqlserver databases , receive and respond to escalations.
- Recommend, review, and/or implement new technologies needed to support or enhance environment.
- Deploy and manage infrastructure for other database technologies.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technology.
- OOH support as per on-call Rota.
- Occasional travel to Europe / UK. may be required.
- Expertise on managing Oracle databases hosted for Siebel CRM 8.x / IP 2015/16 system with good understanding Siebel schema, Siebel best practices for databases.
- Experience on Siebel databases clone / refreshes.
- Contribute to the design and deployment of Oracle (Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c with RAC) and Sqlserver (2000/2005/2008/2012/2014 versions) databases setups for customers.
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge and experience of Oracle including RAC, DataGuard, capacity planning, Sqlserver cluster , replication , log shipping, developer tools, high availability, performance tuning, troubleshooting, backup and recovery utilising RMAN on non-RMAN methods and database upgrades.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the RDBMS environment to ensure the highest availability, DR, security and performance of RDBMS servers, Applications and related systems
- Contribute to the efficient running of the international team, enhance the technical capability of the team, share knowledge, and demonstrates a proactive approach to system maintenance
- Provide out of hours support for Europe, 24X7 (overnight and weekend call-out may be required)
- Troubleshoot and resolve RDBMS (Oracle, Sqlserver) related problems across Europe
- Regularly undertake RDBMS, CPU patch updates
- Build relationships to effect the support and transition of new environments through the development lifecycle through test into production
- Build and maintain UNIX/Windows based monitoring scripts ( shell and perl)
- Knowledge of Siebel Admin tasks.
- Implement effective Capacity Management processes for reporting, trending and planning
- Provide on call support on rotation basis.
What you will need to succeed
- Oracle & Sqlserver Database admin SME with
- Mandatory: 8-12 Years
- Desirable : 12-14 Years
- MCA, BE, B.Tech. Or Graduate.
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
•Flexible working and relaxed dress code
•Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
•Pension and insurance options
•Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
•Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers