Network Administrator - Noida - Ihs Markit
Ihs Markit as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Network Administrator jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Ihs Markit company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Markit is a leading, global financial information services company with over 1,400 employees. The company provides independent data, valuations and trade processing across all asset classes in order to enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Its client base includes the most significant institutional participants in the financial market place.
With over 1,500 institutions using our independent services as clients - including investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, central banks, regulators, rating agencies and insurance companies - we provide round-the-clock support from our offices in London, New York, Dallas, Toronto, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Henley on Thames, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney.
Markit is an entrepreneurial company and a fast-growing business. We continue to expand our presence around the world and offer exciting career opportunities across sales, customer support, product management, information technology and professional services.
Markit’s Infrastructure team consists of over 100 IT Professionals supporting 2500 users and circa 2000 Linux and Windows servers. Support staff are based in 5 major locations (New York, London, Dallas, Amsterdam and Singapore) which allows Infrastructure to provide ‘follow-the-sun’ support to our product groups on a 24 x 5 basis.
The aim of Infrastructure is to deliver a globally consistent operational model with consolidated toolsets and compliant processes across Markit. Infrastructure will be organised on a Global, Regional and Local basis with the appropriate capabilities in each area to meet the business needs and drive the most efficient organisation.
Markit is seeking a Network Engineer to assist in the take up of both BAU and project deployment requirements.
Duties & accountabilities
- The Engineer will be accountable for the following:
- Perform day to day network operations support from Markit India office in 24x5 rotational shift patterns. Engineers are expected to be in office for this duration
- Keep hardware inventory, documentation and network monitoring software up to date
- Assist senior network staff on various projects including change management and deployment
- Manage project deployments and work with various systems teams globally to understand and deploy business requirements.
- Provide global on-call support during APAC operation hours (from 0000GMT to 0800GMT, times might change depending on summer time transition). This is in addition to normal local office working hours.
- Out of hours work is to be expected due to communications with other regions.
- Weekend work as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders and understand underlying business objectives.
- Availability to travel to Markit’s other offices as required
o Hands-on experience in Datacenter Operations and Migrations.
o Previous Project management and delivery experience in a datacenter environment.
o Able to clearly show a history of delivering on schedule and to standard project work
- Technical Skills
- Mandatory Technologies
o Cisco ISR G1 & G2 routers (e.g. 3925)
o Cisco ASA firewalls
o Cisco ACE load balancers
o Juniper SSG & ISG firewalls
o F5 Big IP
o Juniper MX routers
o IPSec VPN
o MPLS & mVRF
- Desirable Technologies
o Experience with Orion/Solarwinds
o Experience with Unix, PhP, Pearl, DNS.
CCNP certification is desirable but candidate needs to be able to demonstrate a similar level of competency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently
- Candidate should have good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, operations staff, vendors and peers.
- Must be proficient at creating network diagrams in Visio.
- Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours and carry a Markit-owned cell phone or pager.
- Must be able to work effectively with other Operations groups (network, server, dba, unix, window, etc) in resolving technical issues
- Needs to portray strong professional work ethic to other team members
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
IHS Markit endeavors to make our career sites accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Accommodation@ihs.com or call 303-858-6891 . This contact information (email and phone) is intended for accommodation requests only. Unfortunately we are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the email address above.
Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.