Math Teacher - Toranagallu - Avanti Learning Centres Pvt Ltd
Avanti Learning Centres Pvt Ltd as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Math Teacher jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Avanti Learning Centres Pvt Ltd company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Avanti (www.avanti.in ) is an award winning social enterprise established by IIT alumni in 2010 to provide an affordable, high-quality education to disadvantaged students aspiring to study at India’s top colleges. At present, we have 200 full-time employees, and support over 2000 students in 8 states across India.
Avanti is a PanIIT Alumni initiative , winner of Stanford BASES 2010 and recipient of the Echoing Green, Ashoka and Draper Richards Kaplan Fellowships . Our investors include the Pearson Affordable Learning Fund and The Michael and Susan Dell Foundation. Our academic board is chaired by Prof. Eric Mazur, Dean of Applied Physics at Harvard.
Overview of the Role and Requirements
The Program Associate is the backbone of Avanti’s classroom. He/she is responsible for teaching, inspiring, training and motivating students towards achieving their learning goals.
Classroom Teaching and Facilitation
- Prepare for classroom sessions in advance and teach students at different Avanti centres for ~ 30 hours a week using Avanti’s unique pedagogy that requires students to view recorded videos, discuss conceptual questions with peers and work collaboratively on problem sets/assignments
- Actively monitor students’ classwork and homework to ensure they are on track to achieving their learning goals
Mentoring, Career Guidance and Academic Support
- Build strong relationships with students through one-on-one interaction sessions, helping students overcome their problems – both academic and personal – in the process
- Regularly work with students to break down their academic workload into small achievable goals ; Track their progress on these goals
- Debrief with students regularly on their test scores and classroom performance( both school and Avanti), suggesting ideas on how they can improve the next time
- Enable students chalk out their future career paths by providing them information about different options available to them based on their strengths and interests
- Send monthly updates and discuss student performance with their parents person/over phone ; document next steps on every such conversation
- Conduct Parent Teacher Meetings(PTMs) in partner schools every 3 months and share aggregate and individual reports on student performance with parents
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹350,000.00 /year