Deputy Fleet Manager - - Cma Cgm
Cma Cgm as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Deputy Fleet Manager jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Cma Cgm company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
CMA Ships subsidiary brings together all the branches of activity dealing with managing the vessel fleet and its crew members. They have a wide range of responsibilities: navigation; embarking our crews; technical maintenance; supplying spare parts and consumables; developing and implementing new building projects; etc....
Deputy Fleet Manager
The Deputy Fleet Manager is placed under the authority of the Fleet Manager. He represents him. He supervises the actions of the team superintendents. When not available, he will appoint one deputy within the Superintendents to take over the interim.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Implementing the Company IMS.
- Keeping the Fleet Manager advised of problems which arise on/from their ships
- Prepare and submit to the Fleet Manager regular report(s) detailing the operational status of each assigned vessel.
- Supervising with the superintendent the vessels performance, shipboard maintenance and repair programmes, dry dockings specifications, and deficiencies, class and flag surveys and to ensure that these are completed within the required time.
- Ensuring that operating costs of the vessels are closely monitored and that expenses are kept within budget at all times.
- Coordinating the preparation, and participating, with the Fleet Director, in the review and approval of the annual Vessel Operating Budgets prior to sending to Owners.
- Coordinating the preparation, and participating in the review and approval of the Dry-docking specifications and any other major repair works prior to tendering.
- Identifying training requirements for the Superintendents.
- Ensures that ships are inspected at regular intervals by the technical superintendent to ensure a very close follow-up of shipboard activities.
- Approving orders, invoices and payments up to limit of authorisation.
- Assisting in any emergency response as required.
- Liaise with Crew Management Dept for the core manning and the shipboard working organization
- Liaise with Crew Management Dept for senior officers planning (appointment, promotion…)
- Briefing of Senior officers, analysis of appraisal, identification of training request
- Liaise with New Building Department to prepare hand over of newly built vessels.
- Liaise with Chartering Department to prepare hand over of second hand vessel, purchased or sold.
- Ensure swift communication of the information and feed backs to other fleets and other departments
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc…
- Technical environment knowledge · Analysis and synthesis skills · Rigor and method
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Perfect knowledge of the vessels and vessels systems
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues
- Management skills
- Experience as deep sea CE with slow speed propulsion preferred
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 31st May 2017.
Please note that when you click “Apply”, you will be transferred to the job application portal. Please make a note of the Job Requisition ID number so you can locate the vacancy and progress your application. You will also be required to log in or register on the career portal to progress your application.
If you do not hear back from us within four weeks, then please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
CMA Ships is part of the successful CMA CGM Group, the world's 3rd largest container shipping company