Assistant Vice President - Noida - Ihs Markit
Ihs Markit as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Assistant Vice President jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Ihs Markit company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
We continue to value and promote our only sustainable advantage and asset – our colleagues.
This position is eligible for the IHS Markit Colleague Referral Program – please refer a friend by clicking the “Email Job to Friend” button or asking them to apply at www.ihs.com/careers
Click here to visit the Colleague Referral Program page on Jive and learn about your eligibility for a Cash Reward!
Markit’s Infrastructure team consists of over 100 IT Professionals supporting 2500 users and circa 2000 Linux and Windows servers. Support staff are based in 5 major locations (New York, London, Dallas, Amsterdam and Singapore) which allows Infrastructure to provide ‘follow-the-sun’ support to our product groups on a 24 x 5 basis.
The aim of Infrastructure is to deliver a globally consistent operational model with consolidated toolsets and compliant processes across Markit. Infrastructure will be organised on a Global, Regional and Local basis with the appropriate capabilities in each area to meet the business needs and drive the most efficient organisation.
Markit is seeking a Network Engineer to assist in the take up of both BAU and project deployment requirements.
Duties & accountabilities
The Engineer will be accountable for the following:
- Perform day to day network operations support from Markit India office in 24x7 rotational shift patterns. Engineers are expected to be in office for this duration
- Keep hardware inventory, documentation and network monitoring software up to date
- Assist senior network staff on various projects including change management and deployment
- Manage project deployments and work with various systems teams globally to understand and deploy business requirements.
- Provide global on-call support during APAC operation hours (from 0000GMT to 0800GMT, times might change depending on summer time transition). This is in addition to normal local office working hours.
- Out of hours work is to be expected due to communications with other regions.
- Weekend work as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders and understand underlying business objectives.
- Availability to travel to Markit’s other offices as required
o 3.5-9 years in multi-vendor LAN & WAN network environment (predominantly Cisco).
o Hands-on experience in Datacenter Operations and Migrations.
o Previous Project management and delivery experience in a datacenter environment.
o Able to clearly show a history of delivering on schedule and to standard project work
- Technical Skills
- Mandatory Technologies
o Cisco ISR G1 & G2 routers (e.g. 3925)
o Cisco ASA firewalls
o Cisco ACE load balancers
o Juniper SSG & ISG firewalls
o F5 Big IP
o Juniper MX routers
o IPSec VPN
o MPLS & mVRF
- Desirable Technologies
o Experience with Orion/Solarwinds
o Experience with Unix, PhP, Pearl, DNS.
CCNP certification is desirable but candidate needs to be able to demonstrate a similar level of competency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently
- Candidate should have good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, operations staff, vendors and peers.
- Must be proficient at creating network diagrams in Visio.
- Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours and carry a Markit-owned cell phone or pager.
- Must be able to work effectively with other Operations groups (network, server, dba, unix, window, etc) in resolving technical issues
- Needs to portray strong professional work ethic to other team members
Colleagues must have at least six months of continuous service in their current position with IHS to apply for a posted job, unless approval is granted by the colleagues’ supervisor and Human Resources. This period allows colleagues to become competent in their current role and demonstrate satisfactory performance.
Colleagues must be in good standing in their current role. Colleagues who have received Disciplinary Action or who have been on a Performance Improvement Plan within the past 6 months may not participate in the Job Posting Program, unless approval is granted by the colleague’s supervisor and Human Resources.
Provided that the colleague meets the eligibility requirements mentioned above, as well as the minimum requirements for the position of interest, the colleague should notify his /her supervisor of the intent to apply for an internal position, prior to posting. Any concerns with supervisory notification should be brought to the attention of Human Resources.