Solutions Architect - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Solutions Architect jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
About Barclays Corporate & Information Technology
Barclays Corporate & International is a diversified transatlantic business comprising our corporate banking franchise, which is market leading in the UK with strong international growth opportunities, our top-tier investment bank, a strong and growing US and international cards business, our international wealth offering, and leading payments capability through both corporate banking and the Barclaycard merchant acquiring expertise. Barclays Corporate & International has scale in wholesale banking and consumer lending, strength in our key markets, excellent growth potential, and good balance in its revenue streams, delivering further resilience and diversification.
The Corporate and Payments Architecture centre of excellence sets the technical strategy and vision for Corporate and Payments CIO, drives innovation and R&D and provides centralised enterprise and solution architecture capability across all Corporate and Payments domains.
Overall job purpose of - To perform solutioning/end-to-end design activities for projects across the end-to-end software development lifecycle within the Payments domain for BI Technology (approx. 80-90% of role). To support the Lead Architect within the Payments domain in defining the strategy and roadmap for this particular domain. The Payments domain is concerned with the technology that supports the UK domestic and International Payment business areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ownership of end-to-end technical and application architecture for allocated projects, identifying and engaging all technical component teams that need to contribute.
o Proficient in architecting solutions across disparate technologies to achieve the complex business objectives of multiple business areas:
• Breadth and depth of financial services business and applications knowledge
• Able to thrive in an unstructured, ambiguous environment; adept at varying own styles to influence the optimum outcome.
• Able to interface with several stakeholders and influencing their conflicting objectives in to a pragmatic solution and deliverable release schedule. Anticipates client needs; responds to and follows through on client enquiries, requests and issues:
• Acts as a trusted advisor to the customer on both technical and business issues.
• Fully understands the customer’s products and priorities and maintains a strong cross-functional network.
• Elicits regular feedback from customers and acts on the results.
• Able to influence project / programme stakeholders;
• Champions new initiatives within own scope
• Is sought for expert advice and knowledge.
• Acts to break down barriers that may inhibit communication and productivity.
• Resolves difficult situations or conflicts in a manner which leaves individuals comfortable and satisfied with both the process and the outcome.
• Actively collaborates with others across organisational boundaries in pursuit of common goals.
• Recognises individual contributions and provide appropriate and timely feedback.
• Act as a mentor to colleagues.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of stakeholders
• Presents solutions to business and technical stakeholders.
• Listens to questions and identifies the key issues.
• Uses graphics in order to make complex or abstract concepts simple to understand.
• Experienced in acting as the design authority for a project;
• Experienced in working with the design authority for a project and acting as architecture sign-off for project level component deliverables
• Able to estimate budgets for small to medium and projects;
• Can identify high-impact, sensitive situations or issues and escalate appropriately;
• Ensures governance, risk and control procedures are followed.
• Identify own development needs and proactively drive development of own capability
• Helps others learn as coach and mentor.
• Experience in systems integration projects is a pre-requisite
• Able to demonstrate previous evidence of drive, energy, commitment, and enthusiasm.
• The candidate ideally will have experience in banking applications and infrastructure, with an understanding of service management
• Solution architect and enterprise architect training and certification, e.g. TOGAF, BCS accreditation.
• Exposure to Service Orientated Architecture design principles, service definition and web services implementation including exposure of API components to external consumers
• Knowledge and experience in working with UK and International Payment processing
Barclays Values and Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria for role: